Existing Member?

My Travels

Vancouver and Whistler

CANADA | Tuesday, 9 November 2010 | Views [403]

got to Vancouver on the 19th at night and the city looked awesome in the dark and then on the 20th walked around in the daytime and saw the Olympic Cauldron. And decided out of all the cities been to if was to move to one it would be Vancouver as even the office building looked cool. On the 21st went to Whistler and stayed in the Olympic Village in a building the Olympic Athletes used. on the 22nd went for a walk into Whistler Village which is a small town and at this time of year was very quiet as not time for skiing yet but also a bit late for hiking. The next day I went for a walk in the mountains as it was a nice day and got some amazing views. However the next day it was raining and so stayed in the hostel and saw a wolf just outside and if had seen this before would of thought twice about hiking in the mountains by myself so good job didn't. but good to see a wild wolf. I headed back to Vancouver on the 25th and me up with Sharkey and Laura, from camp and went for a couple of drinks with them. On the 27th went for a walk around Stanley Park which is 9km and on way back to hostel found a sign saying "Welcome to Vancouver, Nuclear Weapons free zone", and I would of thought this sign was unnecessary as would of presumed all the cities were free zones but obviously they didn't think so. On the 29th I left the hostel at 4:30am to go to the airport for my flight to OZ and was travelling for 34 hours with only 7 hours sleep in the whole journey. I flew Vancouver to Phoenix (Arizona) to LA to Sydney, and got to the Sydney hostel at 8:30am on the 31st. So with so little sleep I was quite jet lagged for the next couple of days but recovered from that and enjoying Sydney.

 

About rjenkins


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.