Existing Member?

My Travels

San Francisco and Seattle

USA | Tuesday, 9 November 2010 | Views [338]

On the 14th I went to Alcatraz and got the 10:30 boat to the island and then the 2:00pm boat back so spent most the day there, and cost only $26. Got an Audio tour which was really good. There is a lot still being repaired such as the officers quarters and so could only go into the main prison building and just look around the island but really good to see. On the 15th I hired a bicycle for $20 after getting a $12 discount from the hostel and went for a cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge. Unfortunately it was very foggy and so couldn't get any photos of the whole bridge as cycled across it, and also couldn't get the views from the headlands, as you looked out from the cliff and all you could see was white. but it was quite cool when the wind blew and the fog came up over the cliff, and to hear the boats horns going off as you cycling across the bridge as they cant see each other. I may also of seen a Bobcat or else it was just a large feral cat. On the 16th got the bus to Seattle, at 4pm and got there at 1pm the next day, and stayed at the green Tortoise Hostel. There wasn't much in Seattle and had a wander round but didn't really see much of interest and headed to Vancouver, Canada on the 19th. Did however get a free meal on the Sunday night at the hostel and used the left overs the next night so basically had two free meals.

 

About rjenkins


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.