Existing Member?

The adventures of Putaro Follow me and my beautiful travel companion around Asia where we attempt to find nothing, but enjoy ourselves all the while

The Japanese Toilet: Man/Woman's best friend, the first step to a harmonious society

JAPAN | Saturday, 16 June 2007 | Views [2227] | Comments [1]

I've made it back to Japan and all I really have to show for it is 12 hours of my life gone and a sore bottom.  With all things considered, I think I'm doing pretty well!  Nonetheless, I think that might be the last time I use American Airlines for an international flight- their chicken and mash potatoes do not get along with my stomach; to the point that the first few hours of  flight were kind of miserable. They try to get that first feeding out of the way far too quick!  Eating airplane food is something you have to mentally prepare for.  I mean everyone knows that!

Ahhhh.......but to be back in Japan.  I think you can really tell how civilized a country is by it's toilet conditions; and under this subjective pretense Japan HAS to be the most civilized country in the world!  The greatest country in the world! Greeting my girlfriend was actually the first and best thing I did upon arrival, but visiting the toilet was definitely number 2; no pun intended.  The selection of water pressure and just overall options the Japanese Toto toilet provides is amazing! People ask me if I experience culture shock in Japan and I usually answer, "No not really"; but that first time I return the bathroom in Japan I must admit there is some definite shock ( which I might add is quickly followed by relief and a lasting moment of joy, but there is definitely some shock involved).

 I will only  be in Japan for only the next five days;  but for anyone worrying out there, I can guarantee I will be spending plenty of quality time with the Toto. Priorities!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

What are we having tonight? Chicken, or chicken?

  Daniel Jun 19, 2007 7:26 AM

About rjallen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.