Existing Member?

The adventures of Putaro Follow me and my beautiful travel companion around Asia where we attempt to find nothing, but enjoy ourselves all the while

from Mitsuwa to Chicago to Japan

USA | Thursday, 14 June 2007 | Views [664]

I made my way back up north yesterday.  I said goodbye to Decatur, my family, and my hounddog Riley.  Riley was definitely sad. I hope my mom remember's to slip the Paxil in the kibble. I told her to bark twice if she was thinking about jumping and she did.  The picture says it all.

Tonight I'm in Arlington Heights, Illinois staying with my buddy Parl, his wife Karl, and my second favorite Cardinal's fan.  They have prepared very comfortable digs for me, so in return I have supplied them with Pocky, Calbee potato sticks, chocolate filled koala bear's, and a little ready made miso soup for good measure.  All Japanese snacks purchased at "Mitsuwa", an excitingly massive, Japanese supermarket down the road from their casa.  

A short drive to the the otherside of the world..........................

When I exited the Chevy Cavalier I was still on American soil, but after a short walk, and the opening of automatic door I found myself back in Japan. "Mitsuwa"........  Except for the presence of a few more white people in aisle's it really is a lot like Max Value or Seiyu. Equipped with a proper ramen ya, a JTB, and a plethera of dried squid.    I'm really thinking I don't need to go back to Japan tomorrow. I might just drive down the road again.  If only Mizuki worked at Mitsuwa. 

See you in a couple of months family, friends... America!  See you tomorrow Mizuki!

Tags: The Planning Phase

About rjallen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.