Existing Member?

The adventures of Putaro Follow me and my beautiful travel companion around Asia where we attempt to find nothing, but enjoy ourselves all the while

Trip preparation

USA | Tuesday, 12 June 2007 | Views [441]

Today is technically my final day in D-town. The one, the only, Decatur, Illinois(the s is silent of course).  Nothing extraordinary about today's events. It began with a massive bowl of generic honey flakes, 1% milk filling my bowl to the brim. yummmmmmmmm...Following breakfast, I went to Dr. Beede's to dig holes and destroy weeds and pesky creatures.  Note: I do not like to destroy creatures, even those that are pesky, so most of the time I pretend that I have poored poisoned pellets down their lair's, but in actuality I have not.  Right now, I cannot argue with $12 an hour so I must pretend. Sorry creatures.  Sorry Dr. Beede. 

After finishing up at Dr. Beede's, the days events were culminated at the Macon County Health Department.  A somewhat drab, but surprisingly not so scary place; I sat and stared at an Illinois map, divided by counties, with the number of recent tuberculosis cases highlighted within each. Cook county was number 1.  After this mind boggling discovery, the nurse called my name and I got my second Hepatitis B shot.   

Tags: The Planning Phase

About rjallen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.