Existing Member?

Pilgrim Routes

To Visa or not, that is the question

NEPAL | Friday, 29 August 2014 | Views [384]

The last two weeks have been filled with uncertainty as the visa for Tibet, while seemingly approved has not been issued.  In the end I just came to Kathmandu, jumped 'off the cliff' as it were, trusting to the Divine and to Hira when he said it would be OK - "you will go to Kailash".  I did have a plan B of going to India but I deep down it was Nepal, Tibet and Kaliash that my soul was yearning for.

So a fortnight of letting go of wanting to control, comforting the Inner Child who was wondering if she had been bad and that is why permission did not seem forthcoming - and a couple of restless nights of excitement and wonder - with moments of intense worry thrown in.  

What a wonderful opportunity to return to my mindfulness practices and still the mind.  I was grateful for my very regular practice these last 18 or more months as the mind/body was able to to return to calm and peace more easefully than in previous uncertain times.  

So here I am in Kathmandu for three days before the yatra begins.

I will post of Facebook and here when I can.  While there is now very good internet for phones in Tibet I will be relying on local wifi which I think might still be scarce (thinking of my budget) .

Right now I am so happy to be in Kathmandu.

Thank you to all who have made this possible.

Tags: delays, kathmandu, tibet, uncertainty, visas

 

About ritaj


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.