Existing Member?

Four Homeless Millionaires My wife and I are full-time artists & have raised our kids to recognize that taking risks and working hard is only reasonable when you're pursuing your dreams. We don't have a million bucks, but we feel like some of the richest people in the world.

Transformed Through Travel

CANADA | Wednesday, 2 September 2015 | Views [467] | Scholarship Entry

What I Bring to the Project – Multi Media Storyteller (Music/Writing/Video)
A few years ago my wife and I sold our house and spent a year touring the world with our kids. Using a Flip camera, a digital point and shoot and the laptop in my backpack, I produced a series of travel videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/zionriel
When we got back, I wrote a book called, Four Homeless Millionaires, How One Family Found Riches By Leaving Everything Behind. The publisher incorporated the videos through QR codes to produce a fun, innovative multi media story.
http://goo.gl/6FnLGq

I’m also part of Tribe of One, a performance collective of indigenous artists that features First Nations, Metis, French and English musicians, dancers, painters and slam poets. Exploring the indigenous culture and stories of a Pacific community in Columbia would be a dream! I happily offer my passion, experience and creative energy as an artist, author and storyteller to make this project a success.

What this Opportunity Means - I work with indigenous youth in communities across Canada, particularly in the Arctic, helping them find ways to tell their stories through video. At the same time, I’ve never had the opportunity to be mentored by a professional filmmaker myself. This experience would be absolutely invaluable. I love to learn!

P.S. I interviewed my daughter Riel for my video, because she’s a daily inspiration of the tremendous impact travelling can have to change a life.
Thanks!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About rikleaf

Rik Leaf

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.