Existing Member?

Four Homeless Millionaires My wife and I are full-time artists & have raised our kids to recognize that taking risks and working hard is only reasonable when you're pursuing your dreams. We don't have a million bucks, but we feel like some of the richest people in the world.

Incredible Stokum Falls

CANADA | Monday, 2 December 2013 | Views [2422]

Vancouver Island, Canada. Just outside of the city of Courtney there is a locals only spot known as Stokum Falls.

If you're heading north on the new inner Island Hwy, take Piercy Road exit (the exit after Comox/Courtenay exit). Then take a right onto Forbidden Plateau Road, you'll then take a left onto the logging road that takes you to the bridge access to the falls (it's either called Comox logging road or Duncan Bay Main line road). 

The Puntlage River flows over a soft limestone river bed and over the years has created large jacuzzi style holes. There are waterfalls as well and great areas for jumping off the rocks and swimming in the water. If you are anywhere near this area you have to check it out!

Tags: b.c., courtney, locals only, puntlage river, stokum falls, stotan falls, vancouver island, waterfalls, wilderness

About rikleaf

Rik Leaf

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.