Existing Member?

The adventure starts and continues

Day 6

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 March 2011 | Views [191]

Christmas Cove

Christmas Cove

www.rideforsmiles.com

Had a full on day today, thought about fixing my headlight before I left Chritmas Cove near Lauriton but thought id just get packed up and hit the road as I was so sore. Left and went into Lauriton and grabbed a bite to eat at the local bakery a pie and a Gatorade. Jumped on the bike and left town around 10:30 am and headed south. I wasnt sure how far I was going to get but sort of had in my mind id try and get to the Central Coast if I wasnt to tired.
Had to fuel up so had to take a slight detour off the highway to get ful in the outskirts of Taree I think it was Coopernook then just hit the highway again and started riding.
Rode down the highway to Nabiac, I’ve had always seen the National Motorcycle Museum signs and thought this time since I’m on a motorcycle adventure I’m going to stop and have a look at just what it is all about. And im so glad I did its really a must for any motorcycle enthusiast I was amazed at just how many amazing bikes there are there over 800 and absolutely fantastic collection of memorabillia so do yourself a favour and make the effort it really is amazing. Thanks Margurete from the Museum for the coffee and thanks for showing me the pics and stories on Morrocco looks amazing and ill see if i end up there but from what I’m hearing from people that have been there it’s a must see country. Talked to a bloke Graeme from Geelong who was on his way back from Queensland, invited me to drop in down there if I’m going past, thanks Graeme hope you had a safe rest of the trip.

Just one of the 800 bikes on display

Just one of the 800 bikes on display

From there I got straight back on the highway and and just started riding and ended up stopping next at Raymond Terrace for lunch had a chat to a few young blokes that had strolled over to check my bike out seems to be a pretty common thing, its an easy talking point I guess, yesterday afternoon I was just watching my bike from the pub at Lauriton and just about everyone that walked past stopped to have a look, i reckon its the panniers that do it, so all this they will be a target is right but so far they have only brought positive comments and conversations so all good, so many people looking at the bike anyone that thinks they might nick anything off it will want to be quick cause there doesent seem to be one minute that someone doesent stop to check it out

I hit the road again and this time since I was homing in on Newcastle i thought I would just go on through to the Central Coast. Arrived on the Coast about 4:30pm so had been a pretty long hot day, dropped into see Duggo quickly then headed up to mums. Stopped at the Umina Oval to watch Dan playing cricket on the way through, catches win matches I was there for 45 minutes and you guys dropped 4 simple catches ordianry stuff. Caught up with Dillo down at the ground nice to see you Dillo.
Got here and started unloading the gear off the bike and as I said I would head back to Duggo’s later I had to thought id have a quick look at the headlights as it was going to be dark soon enough, the manual for the bike played its part for the first time showing me exactly where and how to find the fuse which certainly made things a little easier although I knew it would be under the seat it just makes it easier to have the whole wiring diagram of the bike.
Got the bike done in about 20 minutes jsut a lot of fiddling around to get the seat off and on and I know theres only a few screws but was interesting how much of a challenge I found that being a tired and sore, thought to myself it will be interesting on just how tricky it will be if something major goes wrong but I dont like to think of that i’ll just face that when it comes to it.
I was feeling pretty exhausted but thought as it was Saturday night this might be the last night ill be able to have a drink with the crew so made the effort as much as I felt like just chilling out and going to sleep, so go dressed and showered and took off to Duggo’s to hook up with Dan. We headed off to the Bayveiw Hotel as it was Doggo’s girl Sara’s birthday. We hooked up with the girls there and got stuck into it. Was a good night, lots of laughs and good time, caught up with Cowie roobo and a few of the boys down the big club but was a pretty quiet night im glad we went there as it shuts reasonably early.
Had the funniest time when we were leaving the club Sara was arguing with some chick, how some things never change on the coast, to funny. I had met a girl earlier in the club and she was staying upstairs with a girlfriend and she was on the balcony with her friend who was wearing only her undies, so here I am standing in a car park at Ettalong watching a cat fight evolve talking to a girl on the 3rd floor and her friend who is only wearing only undies, does life get any better ahahahahah Thought about ditching my friends and going upstair s but we were off home to watch the Asian Cup Soccer and the clincher was when I asked the girls upstairs if they had foxtel to watch the game when they said “no” it was adios amigos. Im not sure if I have my priorities right or not but certainly had alot of laughs when we got home to Duggo’s and Sara’s.
Was a massively full on day and im so exhausted now but im not in any hurry and im at mums by myself relaxing so all good, ill recharge the batteries then head over to see Sandy at Davistown sometime in the bext few days. Got to get my rear shock done on the bike so will organise that on Monday.

View from up at mum's place overlooking Umina Beach.

View from up at mum's place overlooking Umina Beach.

www.rideforsmiles.com

About rideforsmiles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.