Existing Member?

The adventure starts and continues

Day 5

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 March 2011 | Views [343]

Nambucca Heads

Nambucca Heads

www.rideforsmiles.com

Day 5

Stayed at Bazza’s last night was good to catch up had some very good investment advice, but baz I still like the sound of my idea of strippers a Porsche and black 8 at the casino. Time will tell the good thing about my idea is I could take Logan with me and have him babysat by security in the carpark it just makes total sense to me lol.

Left Bazza at 11ish and rode to Smokey Cape, it really is beautiful up there,

Smokey Cape

Smokey Cape

talked to Duncan from Balgowlah in the big dirty city who was staying just below the lighthouse in the guest house there, absolutely stunning views from there, hope you and the family had a good week and a safe trip home if you dropped by the blog Duncan.

From there rode down to Cresent saw the funniest thing in this little village some old bloke on a second story roof leaning over the edge of his roof trying to tippy toe down onto a ladder that was like 2 feet below the roof line I nearly stopped to ask if he needed someone to foot the ladder but by the way it looked and the way he was just about falling I thought I’d just keep cruising rather than hang around till the ambulance arrived, no joke was the awkardest roof to ladder transfer I’d ever seen, then again he may of been up there for a week and was just going for it to get down, was -just to funny should of got a picture.

From there went to Cresent Head, man does that place ever get surf. You’ll be happy to know hilly the cake shop has been turned into a shop called Frockaholics right up your alley for our Cresent adventure if it happens this year.

 I left Cresent  down the back way right through to Point Plummer not far past there the road disintegrated into nothing more than a goat track deep puddles and alot of soft sand which was pretty ordinary with the road tyres on the bike, nearly came a cropper a few times but was just taking it real easy was pushing myself to get through as this adventure unfolds there might be alot tougher things to deal with than 20 odd k’s of that poop. Was seriously glad to get to the end of it there was more than a few sections I thought mmm maybe not but just went for it and it worked ok. Was nice to have phone reception I stopped and jumped on facebook at one stage and there was my little l\Logie bear online saying hi so we had a chat then talked on the phone while I was battling away with the water and soft sand. When I got to the end I was pretty well stuffed so got off the bike and relaxed for awhile then went and found the car ferry over to Port Macqaurie.

Port Macqaurie

Went up to the top of Port and relaxed for awhile talked to a nice couple relaxing up there that used to live at Pottsville. While I was there a pommy guy had stopped and told me one of my panniers was loose so dragged out the toolkit and did a bit of a repair job on it, was just one nut had come off inside my panniers so just grabbed it and with a bit of jigging got the bolt back through and all back together.

After a bit of a bresk yes another one I headed south through Lake Cathie Bonny Hills and down to Laurieton staying at this old caravan park by the lake not to flash but where I’ve put the tent up near the lake is pretty nice.

After I got the tent up and the bike unpacked thought I’d duck into Laureton to get me some grub and some money from the ATM, walked up to find something to eat and ended up in Lauriton Hotel tell you what, don’t know about the food but everything else I saw in there looked pretty nice and eatable lol oh ok I know back in my box. Got talking to Wes been living in Lauriton for quite a few years and has been on a big battle over the last so many years, made being hit by a semi trailer sound like a walk in the park. Good luck with everything if you stop by Wes was nice meeting you. Had a few beers then thought better get out of there only to jump on the bike and no lights, was only camping 5 or so k’s from town so just hooked on to the back of a 4×4 and hooked it up the road being careful not to run into any of those killer lambs that I scared away from my tent earlier lol

Anyway in the tent just starting to rain on and off so be interesting to see how my gear goes just outside the tent under the front of the door, oh well it is only water as long as those killer sheep don’t come back in the night I’ve run out of rocks to throw at those marauding bandits. Tomorrow I might make the central coast but at the rate I’m going I’ll get to Kew which is 5 k’s up the road. Was all in all a very good day but I know I’m going to be sore after what I rode today, oh well tell someone that cares, caio

www.rideforsmiles.com

Home sweet home for the night

Home sweet home for the night

About rideforsmiles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.