Existing Member?

The road goes ever on and on Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So...Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

Monsoon Rafting on the Seti

NEPAL | Sunday, 13 July 2008 | Views [1021]

I have been waiting for a while to do a high water rafting trip, so when the chance came up Thursday evening to leave 6am the next morning for the Seti I took it!

The Seti in the normal season is a nice easy river, one which I will probably kayak down first once the kayaking season starts, but in the high water monsoon season it is alot more wild, and way to hard for me to kayak, so I opted for the raft so I could see a river in the monsoon close up.

And I wasn't dissapointed, there where some really large rapids and ALOT of fun was had.  We had 4 girls on the boat and the guide, so alot of hard paddling was done in the name of girl power.  The second day we picked up a couple of young locals to help us out (not that we needed it tho...)

The water although very cloudy was refreshing when the river was calm enought to swim in as the weather has been stinking stinking hot.  Camp for the night was setup close by the road and a local village which had a great little balcony perched on the back of the house, fenced in with chicken wire giving you the feeling you where sitting in a chicken coop.

The second day was very easy going and involved a fair bit of swimming and a relaxing rooftop bus ride back to Pokhara, which is always a great way to see the country.

And now I have seen the river in high water it is off to planning seeing the mountains in the monsoon..

Tags: nepal, rafting, seti

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.