Existing Member?

S.America trek

Hola from the Selba (Jungle)

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 24 July 2009 | Views [292] | Comments [1]

Hola,

Thanks for the comments chiccos nice to hear your friendly voices. I am having lots of laughs here with my amiga especially when we have found our selves in an indigenous canoe sailing down the river and over rocks and into rocks that have left our boat with a little too much water in it if you know what i mean!!! The jungle is beautiful, the views spectacular and the pace so far away from modern life, BLISS!! We have met some lovely people along the way and made friends in each stopping place. Cuenca is a lovely city with an old town feeling and it is probably one of the favourites so far. Banos was stopping point only to organise our tours. We spent today in the country  side, the opposite side of jungle, and it is very dry but the mountains are like a patch work. We visited a volcano that has a lagoon that is really bright, for the SA amiga`s it is like the colour of the blue lake in murrary bridge if my memory serves me.

anyways, we are pitstopping in a buzzing place and have bought goodies and my bag is too full now so am buying more luggage....such a good place to find hand made colourful pieces made by artesans (artists). We are on the count down and heading north to Otavolo and then to the capital Quito to softly ease our way out of this place, so sad to leave, really loving it here.

enjoy the photos.

love cindy

Comments

1

I am sure you will be sad to leave sounds like an amazing place there. Stay off those canoes?? Were you wearing life jackets?

  Robert Wade Jul 24, 2009 6:43 PM

About rella

Cindy is ready to leave Australia!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.