Existing Member?

S.America trek

Midnight at the Boarder

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 17 July 2009 | Views [252] | Comments [4]

Hola amigas,

We sadly left the Andes behind, but we have by no means left the high set mountains behind, they are closley by where ever we are, they are a beautiful sight and becoming familiar. We managed to stop in a colonial city that is incredibly colourful and easy going, the main square had this beautiful statute i think of independence, a male figure holding a lighted flame, it was rather large and breathtaking. We opted for a bit of relaxation and ate avocados, tomoatos and cheese on crackers with our well loved vodka. needless to say i broke a glass, just can`t keep my excitement down really! We are steadily journeying onto the cloud forests and amazon so we have been on and off buses with minutes to spare and have had good luck on getting tickets just before boarding. We stopped today in a little sleepy town Loja that has quite a few squares and an old street that was very quiet, we suspect there has been a bit of siesta time going on here.  Hope you are all well. I heard the news that Peter Garrett has approved an uranium mine in SA, so disappointed but kind of expected him to compromise he long lost values.

x cindy

Comments

1

It is a shame about Peter Garrett. hope you are well.
It sounds beautiful to be surrounded by mountains. are you coping well with the altitude. Will talk soon

  Robert Wade Jul 19, 2009 5:12 PM

2

Hi Cindy

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time..Take good care of yourself, and enjoy !

We had a disjointed holiday cos Gary's uncle died while we were at Gipsy Point, so had to leave our lovely place, and return to Melbourne in the middle of the holiday. Once funeral over, plus supporting his parents and grieving aunt, we decided to go to Byron Bay, but it rained and sort of added to our sombre mood. It is always surprising that when you look forward to something so much, that something goes wrong.. Oh well...

Just want you to have a relaxing trip, and hope you getting lots of lovely sleep too..

love
Jennie x

  Jennie Jul 21, 2009 9:54 AM

3

Hello Chindy! Looks like you are having a superb time! Missing you heaps! Come back safe and try not to tuck into a guinea pig while you are there (as irresistible as it may seem :)).

  Dahnia Jul 23, 2009 5:48 PM

4

Hello Babe hope you are well

  Robert Wade Jul 24, 2009 5:42 AM

About rella

Cindy is ready to leave Australia!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.