Existing Member?

S.America trek

Altitude II

PERU | Monday, 13 July 2009 | Views [287] | Comments [1]

I forgot to mention about our first day here that we had done a deal with a local vendor to organise a hotel and a tour and went with him in a taxi in an office to pay him, after we left we realised we had no idea what the name of our hotel was or the address and we thought we hadn`t got our change from paying him! thankful our brains were not too bad as we only wandered for about 5 minutes before we stumbled on our hotel. thankfully it has kick started us into getting our sh$%t together.

Today was pretty interesting we headed into the high mountains and managed to take a short small horse ride to the top of a small mountain to see a gorgeous waterfall, it is so scenic, serene and pleasant that it was difficult not to relax and just take it all in.  We drove through a lot of rural areas where the women are dressed in the brighest coloured dressed and wear these beautiful spanish hats that have fanned material on the side, they have captured me and i am now trying to hunt one down.

hope you are checking the photos out.

xx cindy

Snow capped mountains

Snow capped mountains

 

Comments

1

I am loving your posts Cindy! It sounds so beautiful and that you're having an amazing time. I am keen to see one of these hats- I hope you bought one! Glad you're still in one piece you crazy ladies- see you soon xxx

  Nel Jul 20, 2009 3:04 PM

About rella

Cindy is ready to leave Australia!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.