Existing Member?

A New Chapter

Dalat

VIETNAM | Thursday, 9 April 2009 | Views [259] | Comments [1]

We've been on the move again and are currently in Dalat!  What an awesome little place...a must visit if ever you come to Vietnam.  We met Dawn and Hong who are from London on the bus trip and have been hanging out with them since. Shortly after we arrived yesterday we were approached by the owner of a guesthouse across the road from the bus station, the rooms are nice and so very cheap $7 US for a twin room.....INSANE! After we had all checked in some Easy Riders (motorbike tour co.) came in and were talking to us about a tour, we decided to all go together and so today we jumped on the back of motorcylces and hit the open road for some fun.  They take you to all these really cool places in the area and tell you about the history, we went to the 'Crazy House' named by the locals for obvious reasons....it's a hotel but it's like this giant concrete tree house type setup with themed rooms....it's totally nuts and the woman who designed it must have been having a serious acid trip at the time!  It needs to be seen to be believed.  The scenery in the area is beautiful and because it's in the Central Highlands it gets bloody cold at night....I'm sitting here with a long sleeved shirt on and a scarf....a vast contrast to Saigon!

It's been a really fun day and if there's ever a next time I'll be staying here for longer but tomorrow we're off to Nah Trang!

Comments

1

Haha, I really liked the the acid tripping place!!

  Candice Apr 23, 2009 4:27 AM

About rebecca_spencer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.