Existing Member?

A New Chapter

Cu Chi Tunnels

VIETNAM | Thursday, 9 April 2009 | Views [340]

On Tuesday Deb and I ventured out to the Cu Chi Tunnels for a look see, the tunnels are so small and the part that they actually walk through is widened for big arsed westerners like me, I was fully squatted down and walking like a duck through these dimly lit tunnels it was quite freaky and my legs are so sore even now....days later.  The Vietnamese people lived in this tunnel system for years during the war....it would totally screw you in the head after a day!  You can pay to fire weapons from the era and Deb and I and another lady on the tour decided we would share the cost and fire a couple of bullets each from an M16 rifle, it was really cool and an awesome experience....where else but Vietnam!

We met Taryn & Joey on the tour who are from Canada, they were only a day away from heading home after travelling for the past 2 months throught SE Asia so we got to chatting to them about our trip North and they gave us some really good tips, we ended up having lunch/dinner and some beers with them when we got back to Saigon.

About rebecca_spencer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.