Existing Member?

A New Chapter

Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Monday, 13 April 2009 | Views [296] | Comments [1]

Deb and I caught the bus down the very, very winding roads to Nha Trang which is on the the East coast of Vietnam.  After now travelling for 2 weeks and being on the go for the whole time we both agreed that we were just going to chill out for the time that we were there.  The first afternoon was just finding somewhere to stay (thank you Lonely Planet book) and then we tottled of to the Sailing Club for some beverages.  The next day we went down to the beach and rented ourselves some comfy beach chairs under little palm tree hut things...  As soon as we got settled the sellers were onto us trying to sell us a range of things from paintings to sunglasses to cigarettes.  One young girl kept trying to sell us Mentos and we were totally not interested but she kept coming back she was so persistant, before we left to go and have lunch we did some wheeling and dealing with her and ended up with Mentos and gum....she was our best friend then and just kept coming over to chat, she didn't try and sell us anythig for the rest of the day.

We caught the sleeper bus (which is just INSANE I might just add) that night and headed to Hoi An....

Comments

1

Good old Travelers Bible (Lonley Planet). LOVED Nha Trang, stayed there four days. Love the crab there, the best! Sounds like you've both have had an adventure.

  Candice Apr 23, 2009 4:31 AM

About rebecca_spencer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.