Existing Member?

My Travel Journal

Sleeping and Flying! - 5th May 2009

HONG KONG | Wednesday, 6 May 2009 | Views [423]

So after two + nights of very little sleep my body took over and I didn't wake up until 1pm. That is an hour after I was supposed to have checked out! Luckily the IC staff were very polite and understanding.

I was planning just to chill out by the pool until I had to leave to get my flight at around 5 o'clock, BUT unfortunately once you have checked out you are not covered by insurance so they wouldn't let me!! Boo! Its 13.30 at this point so I have 3 and 1/2 hours to kill. I decided to go and get some very late breakfast/lunch - coffee and a doughnut.

Did a bit of window shopping at this huge and very expensive high end shopping mall called Harbour City. Think Manolo, Jimmy, Mulberry, Stella McCartney etc! It was great - Sam you would have loved it. Sadly I'm not on that type of trip and Hong Kong is not cheap. However I did treat myself to some face cream, as the delightfully polite lady at the Dermologica counter pointed out I have 'problem' skin. Charming - I'm blaming the confused sleeping pattern.

Went back to the hotel to collect my bag, got some very confused looks from the staff who are obviously not used to big backpacks in the hotel. Got a taxi to the airport express station. I am very impressed with the transport set up in Hong Kong, as you can check in for most flights and lose your bags! Shame mine wasn't one of those, but it was a budget AirAsia flight.

Airport and flight were both pretty smooth! Landed early in Bangkok and my pre-booked transfer to the hotel was there ready and waiting for me.

You can't help but get a little bit knocked out by the heat! 32c last night at about 11pm. The Hotel I'm staying out is fantastic, its like a tropical secret garden. When I work out how to get my photos on here I'll post so you can see what I mean. Have a look at the website www.phranakorn-nornlen.com

Tags: city, moving on

About rebecca_fardoe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.