Existing Member?

raspberry's rambles

I'm here!!!

NETHERLANDS | Monday, 19 November 2007 | Views [576] | Comments [7]

Joepie!! I've made it to Dutchland. The flight was relatively breezy as far as flights go. From Melbourne to Singapore I had two meals, watched two movies and the flight was practically over. I had the aisle so I got up and walked about whenever I felt like it. Then it was two hours in Singapore. I was so loaded up with hand luggage that I only got as far as moving from the gate we got out at all the way down to the other end of the airport to the gate I was going to get on at and stopped moving from there. I almost lost my jacket in Singapore which would have been a disaster considering it is near winter here. I got off the plane and managed to get it back thankfully. Then I was really lucky too, the plane was 3/4 empty. I had the entire row of seats to myself. I managed about 5 hours sleep stretched out across them. It was still a huge drag though. 13 hours of straight flying which took forever. Especially the nearer we were getting to Amsterdam and the closer I knew I was getting to Ronald.

The airport was a breeze too. I went through the EU line and didn't get asked a single question unlike the other internationals. My luggage all arrived with me and came out pretty quick. The customs was just a couple dudes standing there, no x-rays or anything. And since then a whole lot of bliss. :)

Ronald took me home and there was a beautiful bunch of roses waiting for me and a banner saying "Welkom Thuis Barbora" (in case you don't understand that, it says Welcome Home Barbora).

Will post a couple pics in the gallery. :)

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Joepie! :)

  Ronald Nov 19, 2007 10:35 PM

2

Stupid EU people, i want a european passport :(
Very cute banner though, i'll give you 2 anti-bumhead points for that :p
Glad your having fun hon. Talk to you soon, Mwah!

  Kelli Nov 20, 2007 9:22 AM

3

Mwah! Ronald will be impressed with himself now that you've given him two anti bumhead points. :D

Today is my first day by myself. Ronald has gone off to school. I'm going to have a rumage around the town center and see if I can manage to not get lost.

  raspberrybullets Nov 20, 2007 7:51 PM

4

School?! I thought he was a little older than that.

:P

  JoeP Nov 21, 2007 5:44 AM

5

hello there, neighbour. ;)

  widu Nov 21, 2007 9:16 AM

6

I am so thrilled for you!

What a lovely banner to have up.

First day on your own is a biggie.
I know that Silver and Patrick (Dragon) both loved Amsterdam even though they were each only there for a day,(not on the same day) so I'm going to assume that Almere is nice too.

You are so lucky with the EU passport.

  Teresa (Tourmy) Nov 21, 2007 2:26 PM

7

Ronald, the sign you had up for Barbora is so gorgeous- you almost have me in tears! I too wish i had an EU passport sounds like it makes travelling a breeze :-) Catch you both soon xoxo Love Pam :-)

  Pamela Nov 24, 2007 10:08 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.