Existing Member?

South America 2010! 8 Weeks in Chile! A Weekend in Argentina & possibly a visit to Brazil! Definitely the best start to 2010!

CHILLAN!

CHILE | Saturday, 9 January 2010 | Views [381] | Comments [1]

WE ARE HERE!

Got off the bus in sunny Chillan! Fantastic for us, Julian´s parents neighbourhood is just across the road. Score.

Paid 4 pesos to use the toilet at the bus station, no idea why, there isn´t even toilet paper in the toilet, you have to get it from near the basins before you use the toilet... :/ Make a mental note never to pay for a toilet again when something nicer is so close.

Chillan is very different to anything i had seen on the bus ride, its very pretty in the neighbourhood, and very safe! It is similar to an estate yes? But much better! There is a big gate with security at the front, so no losers can get in, and then its this cute little neighbourhood, little houses everywhere, a nice green park with stone park benches, very beautiful.

Arrive to the house and Dily´s, Julian´s mum is home, but no one else, so Julian is really annoyed, Dily´s decides to take us on a road trip around Chillan!

All the streets are easy to remember and join together in some way or another they say to me, but we´ve been driving around for 15 mins already and im completely lost! Its beautiful, there is a huge volcano (inactive i was happy to hear!) on the horizon every way you look, its beautiful! There is a HUGE cathedral, and a big park on the corner of each main street, i havent taken any photo´s yet though...

Back to the house, and everyone else is there, i got a very warm welcome!

Julian decided´s to take me out after dinner to his friends place, much to my dismay. Way too tired and in a completely different place so i need to settle in, plus, his friends don´t speak english, barrier number three.

We go anyway for "one drink" psh. HOW many times have i heard that before!

After a few drinks everything is great, we all know the names of alcohol and we all know the same music!

I get home at 5am smashed. One drink my arse!

At least i know people i can talk to at the party tomorrow night! :) Lets see how that goes!

Out <3

Comments

1

i love you

  julian Jan 14, 2010 6:03 AM

About rachadoll


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.