Existing Member?

South America 2010! 8 Weeks in Chile! A Weekend in Argentina & possibly a visit to Brazil! Definitely the best start to 2010!

Buenos Aries - Santiago

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 7 January 2010 | Views [471]

Boarded the plane and was sitting next to these two guys CJ & Jonathan, one i had briefly seen on the way from Auckland, and i realized they belonged to the Aussie accents i heard while waiting for the plane in Argentina!

Started talking with them, pretty cool guys, much like myself haha. They live in Australia but they were both born in Chile, CJ was born in Chillan where Julian grew up! What a coincidence! Jonathan is heading to Chillan to visit his grandparents at some stage so we´ll meet up here and drink up!

The plane trip was fun, i had 3 seats to myself, it was so nice to stretch out! I had the best sleep of my life! Woke up to a view of the Andes Mountains, beautifully breathtaking! Much more exciting than the flatness of Argentina!

FINALLY IN SANTIAGO!

It took long enough!! We headed out together, had some confusion with actually getting past the check out point thingo, but we got it eventually!

Couldn't even see Julian when i got out! But we found each other eventually! Said adios to the guys, who had to wait for an unknown 2nd cousin to pick them up hahaha.

We finally fit my two big suitcases into Denis´tiny jeep and we were off!

Santiago city is  a kind of dirty looking city, but it has its beauty and it is huge. There are street stalls everywhere, people selling things to you while your at traffic lights and homeless dogs roaming the streets! People are crazy drivers here!!!!!!!!

Its not illegal for people to sit in the back of a ute here i saw 6 people packed into the back of a Toyota! SO WEIRD! Luckily it wasn´t raining :/

I saw a beautiful castle, and the Government Palace... MASSIVE! Also, The train station in Santiago was designed by Gustave Eiffel, the same person who engineered the Eiffel Tower, and it does look absolutely beautiful!

We just Arrived at the hotel and Julian is not happy at all. Apparently it is completely different to how it looked in the photo´s, its a tiny little room, enough space for a double bed, a writing desk and two little bedsit tables, it has two floor to ceiling windows with tiny balcony looking things, which maybe fits one toe.. but supprisingly, i love it! Its adorable! The view leaves much to be desired, but its dark anyway!

We head out with Julian´s aunt and cousin to get something to eat, we went to a diner type place, imagine American sit com style, but it sells booze as well. The upstairs area is the smoking area, and its a whole floor, we went up there, but turns out Julian left his cigarettes in the room anyway. Oh well. The waitress/waiters are OLD! In Sydney teenagers and people in their 20´s do that kind of job, but these chicks´s were at least 32! Though, you could defiantly tell they didn't want to be there, i guess we all have to make money! Had a completos, nice and filling :)

Time to sleep. Long day tomorrow!

OUT. <3

 

About rachadoll


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.