Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Plestin Les Greves - Dinan

FRANCE | Wednesday, 2 October 2013 | Views [284]

Yeah for Maccas.   Our first visit to one while on holiday.  Free WIFI, that works, clean toilets and here in France hardly any customers.  Now I know why we seldom see a fat french person.  They drink a lot and eat lots of bread and pastries but they don't go to Maccas.  In fact you don't see them grazing all day long in the cafes and restaurants like at home.  

Our excuse for being here.  Well the free WIFI of course.  AND... because the car told me to.  Yes the car beeped at me, rather loudly, gave us both a fright, and said I had to take a break.

We're on our way to Dinan where we've (Janice actually) booked two nights at another B&B.  We liked what we saw of the area when we first arrived  so we'll spend a couple of days there before taking the train to Paris

...Dinan was much like York.  Maybe the streets not so narrow and buildings more weathered, but even back then the French and English must have been getting ideas off each other when they weren't fighting, or maybe when they were?  It also had a surrounding wall, most of it now gone.  It looked as if it had been thrown together with whatever materials were available at the time.  Parts of it had been built over existing rocky outcrops.  The inner town was high up on it's inside so I'm guessing a lot of earth and rock was moved during the wall's creation?

We arrived too early for our B&B host so we filled in time walking around a nearby town.  Lots of pretty houses, all different, which probably helped with their overall appeal.  And all, mostly, well looked after.  And the hedges!  What do they trim them with, and how often?  So fine and so straight!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.