Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Plestin Les Greves

FRANCE | Tuesday, 1 October 2013 | Views [261]

Cold, wet and then finally sunny all in one day.  Even some wind.  No longer the still days and balmy nights we experienced at Gouarec.  

Today was the first day, since leaving the gite, that we haven't had to find a bed for the night:-)   So we made the most of it.  Drove a narrow back lane route around the larger town of Lannion on our way to Paimpol.  Discovered a castle/chateau along the way complete with accompanying bar in the middle of nowhere!

Paimpol is a town very like York but with a french flavour.  Narrow cobbled streets and mixture of building styles.  My eye always seems to be drawn to that french blue:-)   The coast out from there has a myriad of small islands, some big enough to be lived on.  Playground of the rich... maybe?  

On the way back we stopped to look at Rosanbo chateau.  Holiday home for the current owners.  The last tour group for the day had just left so we latched on and enjoyed a guided tour in french.   Sun finally came out to end our day:-) 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.