Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Gouarec - Friday

FRANCE | Friday, 27 September 2013 | Views [359]

Today we opted for plan B.  The car.  We wanted to visit a few of the local towns and castles before we leave tomorrow.  We're in Pontivy.  We visited here a few days ago to sort out a few issues with the car.  I wasn't too impressed on my last visit but today it all seems a bit more cheerful and laid back.  Still all the dog "doo" on the pavement though!!   Today, friendly smiles and people willing to converse in English.  Janice says it's the shorts I'm wearing.  A nice man in one of the many optometrist shops fixed my broken sunglasses and then spent some time going through his frame selection with Janice.  In the end she decided not to buy.  Just a bit too expensive.

Tonight, being our last night in Gouarec, we thought we'd hit the town.  See if we can find any life in it!  I've come away disappointed with Le Lion  D'Or.  I'm sure one of the waitresses there has been ripping me off.  Hard to argue when you can't speak the lingo.  "Dumb touriste"

So I probably won't be going back there for any more coffees.  Until next time, auvoir.

 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.