Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Dublin

IRELAND | Tuesday, 10 September 2013 | Views [334]

A quiet day today.  Our B & B host (the same one we had on our first day in Ireland, and kindly booked by Claire) said what a breathe of fresh air we were after some of the guests they'd had recently. It would appear some have unusual expectations/requests.  We dropped Hope and her friend Peter off at school and then drove to Slane with the idea of taking in a bit more history but the castle was closed!   Nothing else to do so we drove back to the car rental firm, returned the car, put our suitcases into a locker (€18,  more expensive then the €9 charged to park your car for the day!!!!!), then caught a bus into Dublin.  After all the colours of the country, Dublin was a bit of a shock.  High brick buildings line the streets as you enter the city.  People everywhere.  A drab, grey looking city.  After a couple of hours we'd had enough so we caught a bus back to the airport and I'm typing this while waiting for our flight in three hours time.  A man from Glasgow, sitting opposite us on the bus, said England is cheaper than Ireland.  We have yet to see evidence of this.  Because of our late arrival we decided to book our first B&B in Exeter.   £90 for the two of us!!  In Ireland we've been paying €60 to €70.  

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.