Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

(Carlow) - Mooretown (north of Dublin)

IRELAND | Monday, 9 September 2013 | Views [264]

Back roads today.  Miles and miles of country lanes/roads.  Beautiful countryside and homes. A bit of money in these parts.  Our first stop was the National stud near Kildare.  The top stallion there, Invincible Spirit, earns €185,000 per day!!   Ireland's highest earning government employee:-)   And is insured for €60,000,000, according to the guide who was giving a tour to a bus group we followed.  Along with the horses there's an extensive Japanese garden and St Fiachra's garden, the patron saint of gardeners.  

We did our one and only house tour today.  Russborough House just south of Dublin.  Built in the 1700's and lived in until the last owners died in 2000.  I can appreciate the amount of work and history in such places but I'm not too sure what I get out of them?

We're now back with Janice's relatives at the stables.  Claire, Ronan, Hope, Poppy and Toby.  We will have dinner with them tonight.    We return the hire car tomorrow afternoon and fly over to Exeter in the evening.  

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.