Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Camp - Midleton (Cork)

IRELAND | Saturday, 7 September 2013 | Views [373] | Comments [2]

I spent some time last night re-organising this journal so, hopefully, it flows a bit better now?  I also changed my tablet from Aussie time to Ireland time so the dates should make sense to.  Marathoners are up early this morning, which means we are too!!

Fun and games with the WIFI tonight... but here I am at last!

Not much happened today.  The rain that threatened most of yesterday finally arrived.  Drove over a Pass to the other side of Dingle Peninsula and then over to Killarney.  Turned down a lovely wooded road to Ross Castle.  Just as we got out of the car to view the castle the heavens opened.  We took a quick photo and ran for the car.   A windy slow tour of the Iveragh Peninsula followed.  Not much to see.  A lot of high scrub along the side of the road cramped our view for most of the trip and being the driver I really had to watch the road.  B&B tonight could be better.  WIFI useless which I only discovered after typing a full story arghhh!!  I'm now in the pub.  Some other things could be done a bit better to.  The welcome mat's a bit worn!!

Some other "fun" things which have happened on our trip!  Day two, in Trim, a van pulled up next to us as we walked along a street.  We thought we'd heard the driver get out but then the van took off again.  Yes the driver had got out and it wasn't until we yelled at him that he realised his van had left without him.  A pole finally stopped it, he didn't seem too perturbed.  While at Camp we filled the car up for the first time.  I watched the guy filling his diesel car next to me hang up the bowser pull forward and put some petrol in his tank?.  I wasn't sure if what I'd seen had actually happened, but the attendent said yes he bought €10 diesel and €10 petrol!!!  Today a car pulled out onto the road in front of us and drove towards us on our side of the road!!  Fortunately the driver woke up to his error before I had to drive off the road to avoid him!!   What's next?

 

Comments

1

I notice that you drive a black car (corolla if I not mistaken). Might be hard to see in certain light situations but I also notice that you have your lights on. Full beam headlights might have got his attention. The petrol / Diesel mix I have never heard of but then you are in Ireland.
Are you saving as you type, then you can send when WIFI signal is stronger.

  Grant Sep 8, 2013 8:47 AM

2

Lessons are being learn't! Thank you for the brotherly advice:-)

  Lyn Sep 8, 2013 7:38 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.