Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Ennis - Camp (Dingle Peninsula)

IRELAND | Friday, 6 September 2013 | Views [368]

Glenomra House is the name of the B&B we stayed in last night.  All the B&B's have been 30 EUR each per night,  but this one would have to be the winner so far.

Really nice woman running it, great room (always with ensuite) and the breakfast... well the photo tells the story.

So, after a scrumptious breakfast, the plan of attack today is to drive out the gate and turn left... 

Castles, wide open roads, delightful litttle towns with large treed parks and stone buildings with gaily painted features.  And the icing on the cake, the Dingle Peninsula.  We're staying the night at a B&B at Camp on the Peninsula.  The host said he'd had a cancellation so we were lucky!  The plan was to spend the day on the Peninsula tomorrow, but there's a marathon on in the morning!!   Two thousand plus people are converging on the town of Dingle.   Some of the roads we were going to be travelling will be closed!!   So.. we've just got back from a whirlwind tour helped by our B&B host who told us where to go.  Now we need to get out and find something to eat before everything closes.  Hopefully the photos tell enough of the story.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.