Existing Member?

RTW in 90 days

Cambodia - Phnom Pehn

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 26 November 2008 | Views [557]

pomellos

pomellos

Reached Phnom Pehn on Sunday after many hours at Bangkok airport which is a great airport - have earmarked all the things I need to get from there!!!!

Had plenty of days to spare so chilled out by the pool the whole day on Monday as I didn't realise how tired I was especially after some of the last minute stresses in Delhi.

Glad I am not in Bangkok now though with the problems they are having and airport closures. If these are not resolved in time for my travel to Bangkok on 14 Dec it may affect my transfer out of Bangkok into Manila.

I have joined a tour here which started today (26 Nov) and we visited the Palace and also the genocide museum in Phnom Pehn which was very very sad. The tour guide related her own experiences and the hardship she experienced and also what she witnessed. People were subjected to extreme torture and to think this was going on until only a few years ago - atrocities for no reason against your own people on a grand scale making Hitler look like a saint! The Genocide museum was also a Killing Field site - they dumped bodies of people after they tortured them.


Off to Siem Reap tomorrow to see Angkor Wat and other sites.

Tags: cambodia, phnom pehn

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.