Existing Member?

RTW in 90 days

Back to Delhi

INDIA | Wednesday, 19 November 2008 | Views [721] | Comments [1]

Exotic Lotus Bahai Temple

Exotic Lotus Bahai Temple

After the fun and festivities of Monica and David's wedding at Pataudi Palace we headed back to Delhi for (more shopping) and sightseeing. I now have appx 25kg of stuff to courier back !!!

Sightseeing included a visit to Q'ba - a lovely bar where Sham got chatted up by waiters! We also went to UrbanPind where the walls had huge carved kama sutra images and where Sham again got chatted up by a waiter (is there a trend here?). We got free drinks and food on the house there. I think I need to go out with Sham more often!!!!

We had a hairy auto rickshaw ride from Q'ba at 1:00am not to be repeated anytime soon. Glad to say all is ok.

Historic sights included the Gandhi museums (Mahatma and Indira). It happened to be Indira Gandhi's birthday and there was a free music and dance concert by emniment artists laid on in the gardens of the museum. The music and dance was from different parts of India and different styles (Indian classical vocal, ghazals, qawwallis, bhajans and much more) Some of the people were quite well known and famous and the quality was fantastic. This was the highlight of the Delhi tour for me. Planning to visit the Lotus Temple today.

Bags are all packed and ready for the flight to Bangkok tonite so will catch up with you in the Far East/Indochina.

Tags: dehli, indira gandhi

Comments

1

Hi Priti,

I love reading your journal... so exciting!
Are you still in Bangkok?
Did a Refresher dive in a lovely pool ;-) in West London yesterday - and now I really, really can't wait anymore to set off for Palau. Only 24 days to go!
See you soon. Have a fantastic trip and take care,

Christina

  Christina Nov 25, 2008 2:06 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.