Existing Member?

On the Loose

Beijing on the Run

CHINA | Monday, 14 September 2009 | Views [496] | Comments [1]

The crew with the disagreeable driver

The crew with the disagreeable driver

And they said it couldn't be done!  They said The Great Wall took one day, and we said "NO".  We have only one day and must see this and this and this.  They said "NO".  Guess who won???  We were up and running very early.  We were at the Wall before others were awake and had a good experience there.  Back in Beijing, we went to the Olympic Village and really enjoyed going in The Bird's Nest where Olympic themes were playing on a really beautiful day - A little hot, but beautiful.  From there we went through The Forbidden City with a cute and informative guide, Jimmy.  He wanted us to have the five hour tour.  We said "NO".  It must be the one hour or not at all.  We now don't understand what other people did for the four extra hours.  The Imperial Gardens were interesting, and so was Tiananmen Square and all the hustle and bustle there.  We saw it all in our one day in Beijing.

Very early in the morning, we fly to Lhasa, Tibet.  It looks like the weather will be warm and nice there too.  We will have more time to really explore there.

More news later.

Tags: beijing, china

Comments

1

Go Anne! If anyone could do it...I know you can. Was the Great Wall as overwhelming as I think it would be..Take care and I can't wait to hear all about it.

  Tracy Sep 14, 2009 11:20 PM

About poeanne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.