Existing Member?

pocoloco update Trying to settle down.... but where?

Trekking holiday in Nepal...for Mika!

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 22 November 2011 | Views [370]

A brief update from Hermann's bakery in Pangboche ,while we are on our 5th day of Mika's 6 days trek. As the season is coming to its end, we are allowed some days to explore the area, and indeed did the Cho La and Kongma La passes.  On our way we visited Lobuche, Chhukkung, Dengboche, and will complete the clockwise loop via Tingboche, Phortse and Dole back to Macchermo. Then one more week as dr Mika and 'nurse' Hans, and two weeks holiday (yet to be decided where in Nepal to spent these)

Beautiful views, and if you step off the main tourist trail to Everest Base Camp / Kala Patar, it's even more impressive due to the silence and absence of other people. Yesterday we spent a full day along the most beautifull mountain scenery you can imagine without seeing a single person (once away from the village).  Huge glaciers, frozen lakes, several peaks of 7000 or 8000+, and a perfect blue sky to accompany it all.

We hope for some good weather in the remaining few weeks, as it has been variable. Early November the airport in Lukla has been closed for in total 10 days, so many people were waiting and may have missed international connecting flights. No problem for us; we still got enough time to walk out back to Kathmandu (with a bus from Jiri) if needed.

All the best from sunny Nepal (never knew November in the northern hemisphere could be so sunny....)

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.