Existing Member?

pocoloco update Trying to settle down.... but where?

Who stole out hotmail account???

NEPAL | Friday, 4 November 2011 | Views [390]

First of all an apology for those of you who've received spam emails from our hotmail account: apparently we've worked on an infected computer somewhere. For the moment this means we do not have a working account, but hope to getthat aettled within the next few days.

Apart from email troubles life goes on and is certainly very pleasant here, apart from the few moments when the cold hits you, like putting on a nearly frozen T-shirt when going to bed. Currently we are both in Gokyo: Mika busy with a medical question a few times a day and Hans reading books and making lovely strolls in the area. Since our earlier visits here we definitely notice the altitude acclimatisation; there's about 50% less oxygen per breath here but we can both walk rather quickly uphill. We've met some interesting people; staying on one place means that the trekker population refreshes nearly every day. A good mix of nationalities, with certain countries having strange habits. It seems compulsory to have two walking poles here and a down jacket, which you should keep on even in a heated dining area. Apart from the altitude we're also getting used to the lower temperatures; at night dropping to -10 outside and just above freezing inside (no heating in the bedroom).

We're slowly getting towards the end of the stay at Macchermo; Sean and Anna will do some trekking next week so we'll have to keep the place running with the Nepali staff, and after that we'll go trekking for a week. Actually this will be the first time when we'll be walking together since early October, so looking forward to have a good trip.

That's all for now - cheers!

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.