Existing Member?

USA

I can't get no sleep....

USA | Tuesday, 14 June 2011 | Views [388]

Hello!!

SO here I am chillin' at with my starbucks coffee, using their free wifi and typing this blog. So far LA has been amazing, though the weather has been mostly overcast, and right now it feels like its going to rain. Tipping is annoying, yet I understand why they do it. Still annoying. Also annoying is the fact they dont include taxes in their places, but we knew that, but still annoying.

So the plane trip was ok, was a bit sad to say goodbye to my fmaily knowing I wont see them for a while, but once I was on the plane I forgot about them... (joking Nakita :P) Flight to melbourne was pretty boring and standard domestic flight, our bags were checked in all the way through to LA so we didnt have to worry about collecting them. Had to kill about 2 hours before we could check in for our flight, and did that by having maccas for brekky... finally checked in and was able to go through security and chill in the international lounge bit, looked at some shops but no really much point buying anything. Funnily, the screen for flight info said our flight had departed even though it wasnt meant to leave for a few more hours, kinda freaked out this family, but we re-assured them it was ok. They ended up sitting next to us on the plane, but it was ok, their kids didnt make any annoyign noises or anything.

The flight itself, was long and of course i didnt sleep coz I cant sleep on planes. Other than that it was a good flight, was able to fully extend my legs so that was good and the food was tasty. The in flight entertainment was amazing though, bulk movies, TV shows, and games. had a bit of turbulence at dinner/lunch time but luckily we got our food before the cabin crew had to sit, and teh turbulence was nothing anyways. It is amazing htough how people dont sit down when the seatbelt sign is on. Really, how many times do they need to tell you?

Anyways, landed in LA, and went through their border security fine. Well James and I did. Kyle got taken away to a special room, for fruther questioning. We don't know why coz they didnt tell him and he didnt ask, but they seemed to do it to a few people, including the father from the friendly family. After waiting for ages, and thinking wtf are we goingto do if he gets rejected he came out with no problems. They didnt saearch our bags at quaratine, we must look trustworthy, but it was good, less waiting. Got a taxi, some guy helped us with our bags, probably shouldve tipped him, but we forgot. The taxi driver was changing lanes like there was no tomorrow, and asked us what we thought the best way to our hotel was, and I was like I dont know, the cheapest? so $75 later (plus tip) we were at our hotel. Only got a room with 2 beds, even though or trvel agent said we got a 3 bed room, but its ok coz Kyle volunteered to sleep on the floor. The hotel is really nice, and in the best location possible, right bang in the middle of Hollywood, and its part of this complex that has shops, places to eat and a few clubs, not to mention a 2 second walk to the walk of fame/hollwood boulevade. So we could see why it was pricy, but in the end not too pricy. After we checked in, we went for a stroll up and down the walk of fame, lots of tourists, and people trying to sell us their demos. lol. After we did that, bought some beer for the room and took that back up, feeling a bit tired so we layed down and instantly feel asleep. First sleep in like a day and a half so although it probably wasnt the best idea to get used to LA time, but it was so needed. When we woke up it was 930pm and we decided we'd go out and get some dinner and go to a club that the bell boy reccommend we go to.

The club was pretty awesome, except for the $20 entry fee. Which was dependant on what colour ticket the door girl gave us, I think coz we are just 3 guys, we go charged the most. Once we got in though, we found out what the cheapest drinks were and I got the bubblegum vodka for $5. It tasted like bubblegum icecream, literally, was so good, and the bar girl was essentially pouring us double shots. She was an awesoem bargirl. The music and atmosphere was really good, I wish clubs back home were the same. There were also girls walking around selling test tube shots, and if you so wanted to you could do a body shot off them. So they placed the test tube between their breasts and you got it from there. Also you could buy them one and they stick on down the front of your pants and theyd drink it from there. James any Kyle did quiet a few of them, but I didnt want to do any shots, so as much as  the girls tried to convince me I said no. One of the girls, Savannah if that is her real name, ended up hanging out with us quite a lot, she was really nice, and is even auditioning for Glee, if she makes it, we can now say we had body shots from. Yes she eventually convinced me to do one. So after qutie a few drinks and a couple of shots for me, they shut the bars at 130am even though they shut at 3am. So we left the club and went back to the hotel, James spilt beer on my bed and I had a mini freak out coz my sheets were wet and ended with me ripping the sheets off my bed. Eventually we decided we'd go for a stroll around hollywood. So strolling around the streets at 2am, meet some friendly African-Americans and chilled with them for a while, which was fun and interesting. Eventualy lwe decided it was time to go home and went to bed at around 4am.

Woke up at at abuot 8am, hungover, had soem some water and then went back to sleep. Ended up waking up at 130pm, and it took us about an hour to motivate ourselves to get ready. Ended up going to downtown LA. Had subway for lunch, so many more choices and much cheaper. Downtown LA is rather rundown and not much to do, but was interesting to see that side of the town and not jsut the glitz of Hollywood. Went back to the room, as Kylw wanted to watch the Basketball. I ended up falling asleep again through that and woke up sa teh game was ending. Then James and Kyle fell as well, so we ended up jsut having an cruisy night at the hotel and went to bed at a reasonable time, which in the end was probably the best thing to do, coz we need to get into a proper sleep pattern haha.

That brings me to today. So far jsut woken up and now doing this, later on we are going to venice beach a,d checking out this other palce that was recommended to us. So far, USA has been amazing, the people here are really friendly, and even though at times I still cant beleive im here, it promises to be an amazing holiday!!

Until next time!! :D

 

About pleasurespikedwithpain


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.