Existing Member?

USA

Expensive houses, celebrities and music

USA | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [283]

The sun is so lovely and warm. Back art Starbucks again, and utilising their free wifi! Finally getting into a realy sleep pattern, thankfully. Also, we are diong a tally of how many Maccas, subways and starbucks we see. So far subway is winning. Perhaps that will change, but they are EVERYWHERE!! Also sorry for all the typos, it's a different laptop and I keep hitting the wrong keys and I cbf correcting it all the time.

13/6

So today we were meant to be going to Venice Beach. That didnt happen, but that's ok coz it was another awesome day! So two of Jame's friends arrived in LA today as well, and we  planned to meet them. With no phones and relying on FB messages we somehow came to the conclusion that we would meet them at the starbucks near thir hotel which was back in downtown LA. Was pretty cool going back there again, it was a different part then yesterday and it was actually fairly busy and I got some cool photos. Met some other Aussies on the train who heard our accent and came over and talked  to us for a while, and found out the there was a volcano and flights we cancelled and delayed along the east coast. Didn't even ehar about it, though I haven't been looking at news really so far, should probably keep up with events back hoem more. Anyways, met up with them, 2 really cool chicks, who had already been hit on a few times, including by the border security guy at the airport, lol, then we made our way back to Hollywood.

We decided to do a limo tour of the city, which was on $35 each (plus tip, of course) and went for two hours. IT was really awesome, go to see some really expensive houses, most of them celebrities. Also showed us some sites, like the House of Blues, which we discovered had Steel Panther playing that night, so we decided thats what we were going to do that night. Looking at the photos I cant really remember who's houses is who, except for a couple. The driver was also really nice, and she let us out to take photos when we wanted to. Also learnt that only a few years ago, a development company was planning to buy the land where the Hollywood sign is, take down the sign and delvelop it into lofts or something like that. LOL, I couldnt beleive it, it is pretty much a world landmark now, and youd think it'd be protected or something. Anyways good ol'd Hugh Heffner came to the rescue and bought the land around it first, hence saving the sign. So that tour was really cool, and saw some places we wouldn't have seen otherwise, plus discovered that Steel Panther was playing.

So after the tour we just chilled a bit, the girls left to go check in and sleep, and Kyle somehow fell asleep again. Time passed and it came time to make our way to the houes of blues. First we went to In-n-Out burgers, it was very busy, but it was very delicious and so cheap. After we finished that, we had a lovely one hour walk down Sunset Boulevade to the House of BLues. It's a busy street but still felt a little oddgy to walk down in certain parts. Especially with the police chopper hovering near us with its search light on, but we made it safely. If you don't know about the house of blues, its a pretty old and iconic music venue in LA. It was an awesome night. Really good music. The fisrt band, Silent Treatment, were really good, we met them and bought a CD afterwards. The band after them though, were VERY enetertaining. They were called Transcontinental. If you didn't get it from the band name, it's a band, who the leadsingers were transexuals. They only did  good cover songs, but they were awesome, they all could sing really well and did really good covers. Including a mix together of Telephone by GaGa with Enter Sandman by MEtallica. Yes GaGa and Metallica mixed together. And it was AMAZING!!! If we had jsut seen them, it wouldve been worth it. But then Steel Panther came on. James got me into these guys before we went over and they have some pretty funny songs. They were, I know Ive used this word a lot but AMAZING, well amazingly awesome. They had Dane Cook out to sing with them, plus other random celebrities like a wrestler and some others. Plus they had a whole bunch of girls from the crowd on as well. I also got a photo with Dane Cook, which crosses of a task from my list of things to do - get a photo/meet a celebrity. Overall, it was such an enjoyable and enetertaining night. to top off an awesome day. And to think we've only been here 4 days and Im pretty much having the time of my life already.

So today we are actually going to Venice Beach haha, we also got to go in the audience of a TV show, cant remember what it's called, but it should be fun. Then we might go to a baseball game or soemthing else, decided then I guess. Second last day in LA, then we get our RV. It's going to be rather different doing that, and Im kinda nervous about driving and stuff, but even if it's half as fun as what Im doing now, it shall be awesome.

Anyways, thanks for reading, check out the photos I took that are on FB:)

About pleasurespikedwithpain


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.