Existing Member?

Wonderings of a Wanderer eandering through foreign lands, whose people speak in tongues unknown... I seek to learn and understand cultures, customs not my own… I yearn to learn, to see, expand, my knowledge as I wander, roam… To visit places, see first-hand the lands tha

Iguaçu Falls

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 29 May 2007 | Views [749] | Comments [1]

Hi all!  Just a quickie as I have to run for yet another nightbus in a tick..

Let´s see.  We´ve viewed the magnificent Iguacu falls from every which direction... we crossed from Uruguay to Argentina to Brazil in the space of a few hours and I didn´t know what currency or language to use... I was in a real muddle, that´s for sure.  Portugese, or I as I have been corrected, Brazillian, sounds really nice but I wonder that I am capable of even making any of the correct sounds and I am lost - do I speak English or Spanish as a second choice?  I´m getting quieter and quieter the further we travel!

Right... so in Brazil, we went to see the falls... then the group went to Paraguay... and then today, Monday, we went to Argentina again but this time to see the falls.  My poor little emergency passport is bursting with stamps already and I have at least 6 more stamps to go.  I didn´t make it to Paraguay though... my little cold that was recovering took a nosedive and I visted the local hospital for a medical-cultural experience.  It was interesting.  I shared the triage room with a baby and a feverish boy and a male nurse took our temps and BPs all at once!  They gave me an anti-inflammatory (sp) concoction via IV then prescribed me some antibiotics etc...  Am feeling better already!

I´ve been advised that this site will be restricting photos soon to 500 so I might be uploading the next lot of photos elsewhere... when I do I will advise but I got many excellent shots of falls today and Saturday.

It is a little more pricey here than Uruguay, but less so than Chile.

Anyways, best run for my night bus. 

Ciao people! 

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

got your card the other day hope your happy with the trip so far, also hope your health ie ok

  bwoos Jun 4, 2007 8:48 PM

About pistachio_tumbleweed

Townsville skies... manipulated

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.