Existing Member?

Wonderings of a Wanderer eandering through foreign lands, whose people speak in tongues unknown... I seek to learn and understand cultures, customs not my own… I yearn to learn, to see, expand, my knowledge as I wander, roam… To visit places, see first-hand the lands tha

Pisco wine at La Serena

CHILE | Saturday, 5 May 2007 | Views [1053] | Comments [1]

Ok, I only had a little taste... it reminded me of lemon flavoured throat lozengers... that was the mango tasting one.  A couple of us went on another tour of the La Serena region.  We saw various valleys growing custard apples, Chilean pawpaws... very fragrant but you have to boil them to eat... and lots of vineyards... grapes for the table, for wine, for pisco...

Chile is the most Westernised South American country... it really reminds us all of home.  Shopping malls, proper roads, signs, people actually obey the road rules... it´s amazing!  It is a bit of a relief to be here as a break... but it is more expensive, like Australia almost.  Fortunately the hotels we are staying at are more hostal styles and so we are able to cook our own food, a first since the start of the trip, we have access to a kettle and a kitchen!  And there are real supermarkets here too.

The bus trip to La Serena wasn´t 20 hours, it was only 18.... but that was still long enough!  At least the toilet on the bus worked.

Tomorrow we leave for Santiago... I expect I will lay low... except for the dancing I have to do.... :)  Obligatory.

Ciao for now,

Mez

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Oh yes
The Pisco tTour was very interesting.
And the dance in Santiago also.
Very good writing Pistachio.
Benito

  Benoit P. May 7, 2007 6:00 AM

About pistachio_tumbleweed

Townsville skies... manipulated

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.