Existing Member?

Living my dreams im living my dreams!

Europe in Argentina? uh...Como?

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 18 June 2009 | Views [492]

I think Europe is very romantic. I liked visiting Germany two years ago, but I felt lonely a lot because it's just so romantic.  In my opinion, the best was to experience Europe is with a love. 

Well, La Cumbrecita is a very European town.  It was like being in old fashioned Germany.  Very cute, very touristy, very family-oriented, very…romantic.  I’m sola-don’t want to be around love-stuff at this time.  No thanks hombre.

So I felt lonely a bit while I walked around the town.  I also missed my family more than normal.  I think it’s because my ancestors (like many people’s ) were from Europe and it makes me think of my home.  My mom’s yummy saurkrout (it’s from a can, but that’s not the point).  

After rappelling, we started to walk back to town.  Then the guia stopped.

What’s going on?  He pointed to the sky and said a whole bunch of Spanish words, quickly.

I got the point and sat.

10 minutes later, the sun set over the mountains.  Beauty.  Pure, natural, God-made beauty.  Nothing can top it.

When I finally got back to town, it was getting dark quickly.  I am a mujer and sola.  Not safe.  So I started wondering around looking for the hostel.  There was only one in the whole town, so I knew it couldn’t be too hard to find…I was wrong.  A little over one hour later, I climbed on the top bunk (two other girls from Buenos Aires where staying in my room too).  I could have fell asleep at that point, but my stomach wouldn’t let me.

Ugh.  Mad, I sat up in my bed.  Why do I always have to be hungry when I'm tired?

I jumped off of the top bunk (no ladder of course).  I unzipped my backpack and pulled out a can of tuna.  I didn't have much money left over from both rappelling and the hostel.  This will have to do.  I schlepped into the kitchen and rummaged around for a can opener.  No hay.

They had something similar to a can opener.  Actually, it's really not similar, but I figured it out (after 45 minutes of trying and spilling fish juice on my pants...lovely).  As I ate, I thought about what I was going to do the next day.  I couldn't do much without dinero.  I'd walk around town (about two hours of walking and seeing the cool stuff that everyone sees here) and then I guess I'd go home.  I was a little bummed because I wanted more adventure, but it just wasn't meant to be.

On my way back to my room, I glanced at the coffee table.  It had piles of brochures on it.  I couldn't see well (the lights didn't work), so I picked up a brochure.  A small piece of paper fell out of it and into my other free hand. 

God works in mysterious ways...

A free admission ticket to a theme park literally fell into my hand. 

The next morning I bounced out of bed with a spring in my step!  I'm blessed!

I walked around town and avoided all the shops like a plague.  With my map, I visited the waterfalls and other "touristy" spots.  Then I headed toward the theme park.  It's winter here, so it was pretty dead at the park.  There wasn't much to do, but they did have a map for people who wanted to trek. 

I knew it wasn't the safest thing to do, but I am not going to live my life too scared to take chances.  There's too much that is missed when people do that.  So I trekked in the forest of the sierras for about 1.5 hours ( I walked fast) and caught a bus home (just in the knick of time).

Overall, it was a great weekend!  I spent a lot of time alone, but I made friends (my roomates) and God was definatly with me the whole time.  I could feel Him.  So I guess I really wasn't alone was I?

besos.

About pilgrim192


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.