Existing Member?

Living my dreams im living my dreams!

What a typical day looks like

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 7 June 2009 | Views [2030] | Comments [4]

this changes from week to week.  Right now I have private classes at my school, but before I had group classes.  With group classes I had to wake up at 7 AM -VERY DIFFICULT !

9 am-wake up.  Wash face, kiss and say hello to the maid (and my good friend) Jenny and my brothers.  makeup. eat. homework or plan my next weekend-trip or my buenos aires trip-i dont even know what school to go to yet (or run, but I rarely have time)

10:30 - wave down the city-bus and squeeze in (you wouldn´t believe how many people fit in these things...India was worse though). 

10:55-arrive downtown.  Try to keep myself from stopping to try on shoes or clothes in one of the many boutiques.  I often fail.  I can NOT buy more stuff (a-no money and b-NO SPACE.  I already have 3 suitcases and a backpack and a purse...)!

11:15-arrive at school.  I try to arrive early to do homework, but I never have time...por que?  porque i always run in to a friend at school and we chat and laugh. 

11:40-kiss friend goodbye and rush to my classroom, try to finish homework asap.

11:45-1:45-private class with a GREAT teacher. 

1:45-rush around trying to find somewhere to eat or meet with local friends who usually cook for a group of people.  This is a difference entre the USA and Argentina.  Here, friends cook meals for each other.  At home, they order pizza.  You tell me which is healthier? haha

2:45-After taking a city-bus I arrive at my private tango class or at the foundation for single mothers (depends on the day). 

--If I go to tango, I dance fore 2 hours and then I go home or back to the centro of the city to hang with friends. 

--If I go to the foundation, I volunteer for 3 to 5 hours with the women and their crazy kids.  Then I have group tango at 8pm (twice a week).

5pm-snack.  usually bread, marmalade or some other sugar-filled topping, and mate.

Depending on the day, I get home around 7 or 10:45 pm.  My family eats dinner daily at 10pm...something very hard on my stomach.  

11 or 12am-sleep finally.  Or I go to a milonga and try to dance tango.

Comments

1

Miss you. Glad you are having a great time.

Love you

  Mom Jun 9, 2009 12:17 PM

2

Ah, so fun, so fun!! i cannot wait to swap stories with you. you are beautiful, ma cherie :-)

  Laura Jun 12, 2009 11:29 PM

3

I'm glad you're having fun:)

  nicole Jun 16, 2009 7:34 AM

4

Sounds like alot of fun...you'll have to give us tango lessons when you get home! ha ha Stay safe.

  Tiffanee Jun 16, 2009 12:03 PM

About pilgrim192


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.