Existing Member?

My Silk Road The Piglet stumbles across the continent

3 - Unintended Consequences

HONG KONG | Saturday, 1 September 2012 | Views [612]

Gadgets

Gadgets

One "good deed" has led to another!  The mere decision of taking time off from work has propelled me into a fit of efficiency on the home renovation front.  After years of procrastination about my unenvironmental halogen spotlights at home (and the fact that about a third of them have died and I have been living in a state of mausoleum-like darkness for months), I have finally changed all of them (yes, all 42 of them!) to environmentally-friendly LED lights.  Which are supposed to last for 10 years!  AND after years of whining about needing another dining room chair, I finally have a lovely one (thanks to a very dear friend).  This is truly the summer of fulfilling goals and boy, does it feel good!

BTW, someone asked me today about the "gadgets" that I will be bringing with me on the trip.  See photo (for some of them).  Two cameras, kindle and my ultra-book.  No iPad (for now).  It is heavier than my unsexy ultrabook.  Second, I enjoy being just a bit counter-culture.  But now that I have my favorite shows loaded on the iPad - what to do?!?

 

About piglet


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.