Existing Member?

WitchDoctors

i get my kicks above the waistline sunshine

THAILAND | Sunday, 7 January 2007 | Views [822]

Sorry again for the long gap in posting a blog.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Since Turkey Day, we rushed through Cambodia stopping only to pretend we were tomb raiders at Angkor Wat.  Then, after the bumpiest bus ride in the East, we landed in Bangkok (now you 80s music junkies know where we are going with this story)!  We did keep it clean in Bangkok--no ping pong shows on Pattaya for us.  We only spent one night on the infamous Khao San Road--going home after sharing one Singha pitcher (we are getting old!)

Before we started the big trip, we talked to Bart and Jenny (who travelled around the world years ago) to get some "tips."  When we asked about Thailand, Bart couldn't remember what they did in Thailand--except that they hung out on the beach a lot.  We always thought this was strange--how do you forget the details of a whole month?  Well, we found out how--visit Thailand!

For one month, all we did was rent a bungalow on the beach and sit in our hammocks with some activities, like rock climbing, snorkeling and diving, to spice up the lazy days.   We only visited three beach towns--Ton Sai, Ko Lanta and Ko Chang.  By the time, we arrived at Eden Resort on Ko Chang--an island without electricity--we perfected doing nothing all day.

We tried rock climbing for the first time in Ton Sai, apparently the Mecca of rock climbing.  Imagine a bay of an island lined with 200 meter tall limestone faces that have all been mapped for rock climbing.  You throw in some rain forests, great weather and crystal clear blue water and there you have it.  The diving in Ko Lanta and Ko Phi Phi was phenomenal with visibility better than 30 meters and many little fishies (including Nemo). 

Our lazy days quickly ended the minute Alan Palmer and Mike Schaiman knocked on our door at our hostel in Auckland, New Zealand!!! 

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About phongnlisa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.