Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Tembagapura Survival Night

INDONESIA | Tuesday, 25 September 2012 | Views [1044]

Surviving Tembagapura is a task and a half. Anyone who feels they won’t be able to survive where we live, then I’m sorry that’s just nonsense. We have survived here through pop shootings, mud slides, chopper crashing, strikes and everything in between. So when the Lupa advertised they were doing a Surviving Tembag party we thought it was a great idea. And well a Saturday night out is always good to unwind from the week. More so Gobey than me mind you but hey a night out is a night out. I organised a table for us and all out Hidden Valley friends, and what a turn out it was. The Lupa had a great spread on, pig spit and salmon to die for. We even had a band all the way from Jakarta. A well know bad at that, right here in the jungle. And they weren’t half bad either.

Now the question part of the survival night, was not so good. Only because the question had nothing to do with surviving!!! AND I had G.I. Joe with me and not a single question about how to wash and dry clothes, making toffee popcorn with the kettle. Nothing that Gobey could have answered. Instead questions like, who used to own the plane that flies from Timika to Cairns. Yip no clue wither. Well I can tell you it was Elvis. Yes the one and only Elvis. All questions were related to the site and Company and we don’t work for Freeport.

Never the less I won a Nokia phone which had to go straight to Shari as he Blackberry had been broken for the last month and you need comms up here!!! And once Shari has been finished with it, it will become the HV emergency phone. We really do help each other out.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.