Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Bad news for poor Gobey

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 4 July 2012 | Views [362]

So it’s been nearly 3 months since Gobey got bite in Jakarta at the rugby and has been 3 weeks since we were sitting in a doctors room in Dereham because he could hardly walk with a sore leg and bad hands. When we were in Dereham the doctor suggested bloods to be done but we would have to go to the City of Norwich to do that and they would have taken weeks to get results. So when we got back to site Gobey went and saw Dr. Eric. Now I am not sure what bloods were done but they did not come back with the best results. The doctor in Dereham thought Gobey has a tropical infection due to the bite. If only that was the case. So the results came back and the news was not what we thought it would be. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Talk about a shock and a half to the system. I am struggling to understand how someone at 29years old can have it yet alone what Gobey must be going through. It has to be tuff. We now just have to wait and see what the rest of the results come back with and he might be out to Singapore to see a specialist. So for the moment we just have to sit and wait and see what will happen next.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.