Existing Member?

Living the Dream

The last minute packing (of course)

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 24 June 2012 | Views [343]

It’s an early start to the day. Need to get the house back in order, bags packed and goodbyes to everyone who will pop round. And I will say that we haven’t even started to pack yet. I did however buy myself a new ‘handbag’, Jasper Conran for all this long travelling and Natalie brought me back a new Vera Bradley bag from the states. This is my new laptop bag. And Gobey has told me I cannot take 104kg like we did in Jan. But I will make no promises.

As the packing gets under way everyone is turning up to say goodbye, and laughing at us still trying to pack. What can I say, last minute packing means you take it or you don’t. And I really want everything. We have new squash rackets to take out, my old UGGS to come (my feet get cold with all the rain we get), my clothes I bought while home and then mum came in with my birthday presents and our Christmas presents. And as more things come into the bedroom to be packed Gobey is going crazy. But fear not, my carryon bag, handbag and laptop bag are all packed and ready to go. Weigh a ton but ready to go.

Last cupper with Debbie and it’s time to go. It doesn’t get any easier saying goodbye regardless if its for a short while or not. Mum and dad are driving us to the airport and coming in for our last drink together. This will be the longest stint as we won’t be back till March now. Tears are in full flow, Gobey is checking in and I am standing back a little as we have 5 carryon bags this time. And we are only allowed 1 each and my handbag. Never mind next stop London.

London is always fun. This time we want to make sure we have enough duty free. And why not add another bag to the carryons. But this time I get a very sweet Pandora bracelet from Gobey for our wedding day. And just for good measure an English rose charm and a solid heart. Now with more bags to carry its time to get some good food and we are out of here again.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.