Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Let’s get going

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 6 May 2012 | Views [289]

8am breakfast time. A nice breakfast before flight food for 2 days. Its just not possible to enjoy plane food. I get checked in at Timika and the flight is running late. No surprise there as most flights I get on run late. Never mind Bali bound I go.

I get to Bali and head for International and see if I get on the 6pm flight to Singapore to fill in time there instead of Bali. But as I got to Bali at 2pm I need to wait till 4pm for the desk to open. Well that take ages to get the desk open and when it does open the lady tells me I can’t change to the 6pm flight as its Grauda that fly and not Singapore airlines. Never mind I check my bags in and head back to the door to get a McD’s. HA what a mistake the guy tells me now that I have checked in I am not allowed to leave the building. McD’s is just outside the bloody door. I can see the bloody door. Never mind, I will find something else to eat in the building.

So all fed and watered its just a waiting time till boarding. My flight is due to leave at 8pm. Its now 7.30pm and we are told the flight is running 30mins late. Now I just cant afford for this flight to be late, I have 1 hour to get off the plane and round to the new terminal for the London flight before the next flight leaves. Panic is setting in.

We arrive at Singapore, I jump out my seat and run to the door and ask the lady if I am able to get off as soon as the doors open as I now have only 20mins to get off and to the next terminal before boarding starts. It’s time to run.

The terminal train arrives just as I get to the doors. I walk like a mad woman to get all the way to gate which from the sign was 15mins walk from where I was. Great boarding will be starting soon.  Which of course is happening just as I arrive to the holding area. I have just enough time to top my
UK phone up before I get on the plane.

Once sorted at my seat and ready for the 14hrs ahead the message comes over we are now running 40minutes behind schedule. Of course this flight would also be running behind. I have ran from 1 plane to another, sweating and panicking that I might miss a flight. Thank you Singapore Airlines. London here I come.

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.