Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Bad morning to get on the Bus

INDONESIA | Saturday, 5 May 2012 | Views [247]

3am is a very early morning start for me, but it means I have time to get a shower, check the house over before I leave for 7weeks (yes Gobey will be back on Tuesday but its better for me to check over everything) and wait for the driver to come get me at 4.15am. I want to make sure I am at the heli pad in enough time before it opens and get either chopper 1,2 or 3. Well the driver is late to collect me and picks me up at 4.50am so there goes my hopes for the first 3 choppers. I stood in a queue for an hour and a half to be handed chopper 6!!! Not only did I stand in the queue and get chopper 6 but people who were just in front of me and behind me got chopper 2 and 3. And just to kick you when your already pissed, a couple turned up to the heli pad after the queue and got chopper bloody 2!!!! Pissed off and still tired are not a good combination. So as the morning choppers stared you always keep a watch out on the clouds and there it is, the bus leave with the people for chopper 4 and never comes back. The bus for the lowlands is coming instead. Now the choice is now do you get on the bus for the next 3 hours to ensure you get down to the lowlands for the flights tomorrow or do you chance another early morning to get put on a chopper you won’t get due to weather and miss all flights to get home. Bus bound here I go. 17 buses in a convoy head down the mountain. Now the views down the mountain were just amazing but to keep in with the crap morning my phone was dying and the camera was with Gobey in Jakarta. We were only on the road about 40mins when the PA from Gobey’s work called me to see where I was as the Rimba were calling as I hadn’t turned up yet. I told her I was on the bus and I would be down at the Rimba about lunch time. I get to the Rimba at 12.30 to be told my room wasn’t ready. Now hold on a minute, you were calling at 9am to see why I hadn’t turned up so how can my room not be ready? 3.30pm before I got my room, I am tired and been up for 12 hours. Roll on bed time.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.