Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Tembag Hen Shine and harsh goodbyes

INDONESIA | Friday, 4 May 2012 | Views [377]

Well this is something never seen here in Tembag. An all ladies night out at the Lupa with a to-be bride in tow. So while most of the guys are out at Jakarta at the rugby the ladies have organised a night for just us ladies and for me as in the morning I head down to the lowlands before the flights home.

The Lupa were just in shock when we arrived. We took up so much space and seeing all the lovely ladies on site come out together and enjoying a good girlie night out. There was food, margaritas and dancing. Was far the best 3 hours out for a long time. Even the bus ride back up to Hidden Valley was good. There was a stop over a Shari’s house for a glass of wine before heading home.

Now not only was this a hen shine for me it was also my last chance to say goodbye to 2 ladies who will be leaving the community while I am out for 7 weeks.  

Over the last year there has been other ladies come and go but when you do really make good friends and they go it’s hard. I never thought saying goodbye to anyone here would be hard. But how wrong I was. Saying goodbye to family and friends back home is easy. There are always tears but you know they will be there when you get back. This was a farewell that is for good. They won’t be here when you get back. Sad times and it also makes it real that over the next few months there will be many more I will have to say my final goodbyes with.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.