Existing Member?

Living the Dream

GI Joe Strikes Again

INDONESIA | Thursday, 26 April 2012 | Views [210]

So 3 days into being in the lowlands and Gobey has run out of clean boxers. Now I have managed to pack for the 6 days (we head back on the chopper on Saturday morning) so how can Gobey not manage it. The reason he tells me, is its too hot down here and he needs fresh boxers for evening.

Now everyone knows Gobey is my own very special GI Joe and has always got something up his sleeve to teach me. Now the reason he tells me is so if I am ever stuck I am able to use the tips and tricks he has taught me to survive. Only problem is I am never apart from him.

Anyway, you run out of boxers so in the morning you ask your wife to wash them in the shower (GI Joe style) and place them outside on the balcony to dry. Now the Rimba is not really that great to dry things on the balconies as the sun doesn’t always get to them. So by the time Gobey gets home at 6pm, I have been outside most of the day sunning it in the 36degrees heat. And I will be honest I got a little red but what more do you want when you get 5 days to tan and there is no guarantee the rain wont come in.

So Gobey gets the boxers from the balcony and brings them in. Tells me to move over in the bed so he can place them on the bed. Next he tells me to lie on top of the boxers. Yes that’s right he wants to sleep on top of the boxers through the night to dry them. He tells me the body heat from me will dry them by morning and as I am a slight shade of red will keep me cool too.

At the best of times I finds Gobeys tricks strange but this is at the top of the list now. But all at the same time I need to know if this is true and will work. So off to sleep I go on my wet boxers for the night.

NO FREAKING WAY. The boxers are dry as if they had been on the line all night. Only difference is it was my body heat that dried the bloody things. So there you go. If your stuck somewhere and need fresh clothes, just wash them and climb into bed with them under you. Dry by morning. Would never have believed it. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.