Existing Member?

Living the Dream

First Class flight

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 19 October 2011 | Views [159]

So all bags are packed to the best I can do, and Dewa is picking me up from the villa to take me to the airport for the 2.15am flight back to Timika (with a pit stop at Jayapura).

I want to push my luck to try and get everything I have bought in Bali back on the plane with me. So i take all my bags in to the airport to check in and make a very big plea to the guy that with my airfast ticket, my extra baggage allowance I was getting and now that I am in the business seats if they would be ever so kind to help me get home with all my stuff (yes big puppy eyes). And would you believe it they are able to help me. It will cost me $50 to get the bags on but there will be no receipt and I will pay the man when he takes me to the lounge. I call Gobey just to check what he thinks and we go for it. Now all I have to do is hope my bags get off at Timika!!!!

The flight was long and the hour stop off the plane in Jayapura was horrible. It was so busy and was a very busy airport. I got through to the lounge and was able to get my phone charged and keep in touch with Gobey to let him know what time I would be landing. And to check that the choppers where flying. All is good to go and now the last hour of the flight is ready to go.

We land at Timika and its a dash off the plane to get my bags and before I managed to go through to the holding area I am told the bus to the chopper is leaving in 5 and I need to move it!!! Talk about quick run about, but hey I am on my way home.

Gobey is waiting for me when the chopper lands and when I point out all my bags from the chopper he can’t get over how heavy they are. What I can say I didn’t shop half hearted and most of the stuff I bought was gifts and clothes for Gobey for work.

Never mind, home for a sleep while Gobey goes to work. I can unpack when I get up later. 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.