Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Ready, Set, Fly

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 6 September 2011 | Views [230]

Up early, Starbucks for breakfast and we are off to see the doctor for a final check and the all clear to fly. All clear from the doctor and now off to see Gobey’s work as they want to see how I am and check how Gobey is getting on in his new role on the mountain. Everyone is so friendly and very surprised at what happened to me. Not as surprised as I was. The main doctor in the office offers me a seat as by this time in the day I feel crap and standing for so long I don’t good healthy either. Anna one of the ladies from Gobey’s work offers to take us out to lunch so we head to Raffles for a light bite before the flight home. We arrive at the airport and I do look like death again. Its been a long day and yes Gobey is right maybe I have done over done it. Just get me on the plane and get me home. First flight is the Singapore to Jakarta leg, not a long flight but I was sick as a dog landing. Next flight is Jakarta to Timika on Airfast. Now not knocking Airfast as they do a great cheap flight from Timika to Bali, but for a medicav its the longest way to get back to Timika. The only good part is that there are plenty of seats for me to lay down flat for the most of the flight. And of course SOS have requested at any time possible for me to lie down. We finally arrive back in Timika and it’s a dash get on the chopper and get home. Home Sweet Mountain home.

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.